I am a recent graduate from the University of Washington with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering currently looking to take the next step in my engineering career. From internship experience, lab work, and courses I have gained a solid foundation in design, analysis, and testing.
I enjoy using my skills to work on projects using the resources I have available, which right now in particular includes a laser cutter.
University of Washington – Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering June 2017
GPA: 3.56 Dean’s List 8 quarters
Janicki Industries – Sedro Woolley, WA
June – September 2016
Design and Stress Analysis Intern
Responsibilities grew over the course of the internship, starting with understanding the company design process, then assisting other engineers with projects, and finally leading my own project.
- Created and updated existing CAD models using NX
- Conducted stress analysis on projects
- Modeled FEA simulations of 1D, 2D, and 3D elements using Catia
- Designed and used calculation aids in Excel and MathCAD
- Designed a vacuum fixture in NX as a bid for a job contract, from which I gained experience designing under company standards and customer’s specifications.
- From conception, worked on a project designing a blue roof using composite materials (vs conventional materials), including creating a calculation aid in excel to determine best material type and cross section based on material type and safety factor. This involved working with multiple levels of management and collaborating with different departments within the company.
Marine Renewable Energy Lab (MREL) – ME Department – Seattle, WA
January 2014 – June 2017
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Work includes assisting graduate students with their research projects and working on independent projects, mostly focused on marine renewable energy and methods of monitoring it.
- Interpreting and analyzing data from experiments and projects
- Designing CAD models in Solidworks
- Writing and optimizing Matlab code for use in data analysis and simulation
- Planning and carrying out field work
- Aided a graduate student on a project with the purpose of recording bird flight patterns around wind turbines. Duties encompassed a wide range of the research processes, including helping calibrate equipment, gathering field data, and analyzing the collected data in a Matlab interface.
- Worked independently on creating a GUI through Matlab to annotate target locations in collected M3 sonar data. My work included designing the code for the GUI and annotation process, implementing prewritten scripts into the code, and testing the program on collected data sets.
Software: CAD (SolidWorks, NX, CATIA, Rhino), Microsoft Office Suite, Finite Element Analysis (ANSYS, Catia, Matlab), MathCAD, programming (proficient in Matlab, with a working knowledge of Python, Excel VBA), statistics (Dakota, Matlab)
Technical: Project Planning, Design Process, GD&T, Technical Writing, Eng. Drawings, Failure Analysis, Stress Analysis, Thermal Analysis, Error & Uncertainty Analysis
Manufacturing: Shop Safety and Experience, Lathe, CNC, 3D Printing, Laser Cutting.